Friday, December 29, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 6:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 6:1
"On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king."

I pondered on how the Lord is always one step ahead of those that seek to destroy his church or people. Haman was seeking to have Mordecai hung on the gallows. It is only because of king Ahasuerus being unable to sleep that he has the chronicles read to him. He is reminded of Mordecai saving his life, and desires to know what honor was given him. Finding none, he then asks Haman what should be done for someone he is delighted to honor. Haman's pride assumes it is himself the king is referring to. Instead all that he suggests is placed on Mordecai. This never could have happened if the king hadn't been able to sleep. I am sure the spirit had troubled him. I don't so much worry when I have nights I can't sleep. I will sit and read my scriptures first, and I always learn something new.


Day 1007

No comments:

Post a Comment