Saturday, December 9, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezra 9:4, 13

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezra 9:4, 13
"Then were assembled unto me every one that trembled at the words of the God of Israel, because of the transgression of those that had been carried away; and I sat astonied until the evening sacrifice.
And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this;"

I could just picture Ezra is such a state of shock, having learned of the children of Israel's trespasses, that he just sits motionless for hours. Then to realize that God has punished them far less than they deserved. It made me think of the great mercy and compassion God has for all his children. He will not save me in my sins, but he gives me every opportunity and chance, even if I don't deserve it. He lifts the broken enough to let them know of his love and desire for them to return back to him. Heaven help me if I don't take the chance when its given.


Day 987

No comments:

Post a Comment