Sunday, December 31, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 8:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 8:17
"And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them."

Because of this reversed situation, where Mordecai was given Haman's house and power, and the Jews could now define themselves, many people of the land became Jews. I wondered did that mean that they openly spoke of their true identities as Jews or where they converted? True conversion doesn't come out of fear. If they converted then it would be a pretend conversion. I guess I won't know any of their hearts in the matter. At the very least I can see that there was support now for the Jews, when politically it earlier appeared it was not. One thing a persecuted people need is support. That could soften hearts and lead to true conversion. I suppose persecution can lead to missionary opportunities and conversion. All I can confirm is this whole situation was in the Lord's hands and he blessed his people.


Day 1009

No comments:

Post a Comment