Saturday, December 2, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezra 2:62

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezra 2:62
"These sought their register among those that were reckoned by genealogy, but they were not found: therefore were they, as polluted, put from the priesthood."

Reading that made me see how important keeping track of their genealogy was to them at that time. They lost the priesthood because they could not find a record of the line they came through. The priesthood is not limited, but available to every worthy male today. It made me wonder how this verse applies to the church today. Then I found this.

"And they who are of the High Priesthood, whose name are not found written in the book of the law, or that are found to have apostatized, or to have been cut off from the church, as well as the lesser priesthood, or the members, in that day shall not find an inheritance among the saints of the Most High;
Therefore, it shall be done unto them as unto the children of the priest, as will be found recorded in the second chapter and sixty-first and second verses of Ezra."
(Doctrine and Covenants 85:11-12)

This is showing how very important it is to remain faithful, and not have my named removed from the records of the church. No man knows the hour or the day of the Lord's coming, or when a reckoning needs to be given of priesthood authority, or the rights of inheritance are to be given. I could not help but think that what the Lord did in old he will do again. How I hope and pray I never do anything that would have my name removed from the records of the church or the book of remembrance. I hold my baptism in the Lord's church as my most treasure possession. My testimony is earnestly watered, nurtured, feed and tended so it will continue to go. The biggest fear I have is apathy because then I know I can be lead carefully down to hell. This is something I absolutely don't take for granted.   


Day 980

No comments:

Post a Comment