Monday, December 12, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 50:19-21

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 50:19-21
"And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them."

Jacob dies and Joseph has him embalmed. Then he seeks permission of Pharaoh to leave and bury his father in the land of Canaan. With a great company all the sons of Israel, Pharaoh's servants and the elders of the land of Egypt travel to bury Jacob. Once mourning is done they return back to the land of Egypt. With the realization that their father is now dead, the brothers are afraid that Joseph will hate them, and return all the evil that they had done to him.

I find Joseph's words to his brothers so full of love and forgiveness. I pondered on how with a forgiving heart I can see God's wisdom in all that has transpired in my life. That is such a tender mercy. I pondered on how the casting of blame is running rampant today. Casting the blame for the ills in our life upon someone else, only leads to blindness. Casting blame and trying to return evil simply destroys us. We can no longer see the hand of God in our lives. We would lose any bit of charity within us. We would be moving further away from Christ. There would be no joy.
 

Day 625


No comments:

Post a Comment