Thursday, December 8, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 46:29-30

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 46:29-30
"And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while.
And Israel said unto Joseph, Now let me die, since I have seen thy face, because thou art yet alive."

I can only imagine how long "a good while" would have been for Joseph to weep upon Jacob's neck. To picture it, just makes me weep. When Israel says "Now let me die" I could totally understand it. All a parent wants to know is that their children are alive and well. But, I think it's even more than that, it's that Joseph is still faithful to the Lord. To have all my children around me, and know they love the Lord would make me satisfied with life. I would die happy. My life would be complete
 

Day 621


No comments:

Post a Comment