Thursday, December 22, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 10:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 10:2
"And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the Lord."

I was just reading an article and watching a video made with Elder Ronald A. Rasband. It is the "Special Witnesses of Christ" series, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is making. He related a story of his pioneer ancestors that were in the Willie Handcart Company. Hearing this and then reading this verse made me wonder how many generations have told the story of Moses over the thousands of years? The stories of the Willie and Martin Handcart Companies have been retold often in the past 160 years since the event. What strength they give me and I do not even descendant from them. I sat in appreciation of the scriptures and the story of Moses. I have learned much from reading this account. Much that I have not even written. I am so grateful for the scriptures and how it emphases the role of family in our lives. How connected we are. How the suffering of one person or people can strengthen untold generations. Witnessing their devotion to the Lord makes me desire to do the same. The bible and all the scriptures relate the story of families. We come to know there is one Father over us all. 


Day 635

No comments:

Post a Comment