Monday, December 19, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 7:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 7:4-5
"But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them."

I had never thought about how my trials might actually be a witness to others of the hand of God. Even more so when we have suffered through the same events. They have been able to see how God delivers his people and works miracles to bless their lives. Even when there appears to be no miracle that spares suffering, the believer is blessed with comfort and peace, while they are without. I have seen this contrast when I have past through events with people that have turned their back on God. I know their anguish and lack of peace. I had just never thought of the witness involved here. God is still saying to them, I am the Lord. He is doing everything possible to have them turn back to him and repent, before judgment must come. He never gives up on us. I have learned so much from my trials. Sometimes I have fared well and sometimes I have faltered. What type of witness have I given to others? There is much to think about after reading these verses.


Day 632




No comments:

Post a Comment