Thursday, December 1, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 39:3, 23

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 39:3, 23
"And his master saw that the Lord was with him, and that the Lord made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
The keeper of the prison looked not to any thing that was under his hand; because the Lord was with him, and that which he did, the Lord made it to prosper."

As I was pondered on how things under Joseph's hand prospered, they were never his own things. He was still a slave or held a prisoner by his masters. The blessings that came to Joseph still went to others. I thought about how the Lord can still bless the righteous and make their burdens light even while in bondage. For by blessing Joseph's masters I am sure the burden on Joseph was made lighter. The ultimate master he served was the Lord.

To work so hard for the benefit of another I would think it means you do not care who gets the credit. Joseph must have been an extremely humble and teachable man. As Joseph waited on the Lord's timing, he appears to have learned all that he could wherever he was planted.  He was learning how to manage things. This period of time and the experience he gained from it, would not only benefit himself, but would be lifesaving to countless others.

I thought about Doctrine & Covenants 122:7
"And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. 

The experience I gain during any trial in my life is worth more than any gold I could ever be handed. Experience is what I need to further serve the Lord when the time comes. The experience I gain will work out for my good in the end. Joseph wasn't serving for nothing, he was receiving experience for greater things. 


Day 614


No comments:

Post a Comment