Saturday, December 3, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 41:4-5, 25, 32

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 41:4-5, 25, 32
And the ill favoured and leanfleshed kind did eat up the seven well favoured and fat kine. So Pharaoh awoke.
And he slept and dreamed the second time: and, behold, seven ears of corn came up upon one stalk, rank and good.
And Joseph said unto Pharaoh, The dream of Pharaoh is one: God hath shewed Pharaoh what he is about to do.
And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice, it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.

I had so many thoughts, and so many verses I marked, in this chapter of 57 verses. So hard to pick just one verse or one theme. I finally settled on what it means to me. For I am told to liken the scriptures to myself.

I have been experiencing a first sleep and second sleep. I know it is of God and not insomnia. What peace I feel when I awake, ponder on the things of God, and then go back to sleep. I saw in Pharaoh the first and second sleep. I have not been awoken by dreams during this time frame, but I feel like I am being prepared for one. I will only have it when I am ready. I thought about my last dream many months ago and what an answer to pray it was. It was not well for a family member, but it settled my heart on the matter and comforted me.

In this chapter I noted that Joseph said Pharaoh's dream being doubled to him twice is because it was established by God and would come about shortly. I also see the pattern of asking if there is more after receiving anything from God. The example being Pharaoh went back to sleep after the first dream. It wasn't until morning when he awoke that his soul was troubled.

The other thing I pondered on was Pharaoh receiving the dream and not Joseph who was the dreamer. Pharaoh received a dream for what he had stewardship over. He was over all of Egypt, all the lives of the people depended upon him. I know whatever dream I have that comes it will only be for what I have stewardship over. Which most likely is myself.

I am reminded of Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams."

I believe that all of this is happening, but they are for the individuals, drawing them closer to God and unto Christ. Dreams are only for the stewardship we have over. Things that come for the world at large come from God's chosen prophet. I really have no desire to read other people's dreams. Joseph of Egypt interpreted Pharaoh's dream because he was called to be such a prophet.


Day 616

No comments:

Post a Comment