Friday, December 2, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 40:14, 23

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 40:14, 23
"But think on me when it shall be well with thee, and shew kindness, I pray thee, unto me, and make mention of me unto Pharaoh, and bring me out of this house:
Yet did not the chief butler remember Joseph, but forgat him."

For interpreting Pharaoh's chief butler's dream all Joseph asked for is mercy. That he mention him to Pharaoh. When the chief butler is restored to his position he "forgat" Joseph. The footnotes refers me to the topic guide "Ingratitude".

This made me ponder on times I have shown ingratitude to others. How much that has hurt them and ultimately myself. I pondered on the ingratitude I have at times showed the Lord for his sacrifice for me. I must do better.
 

Day 615

No comments:

Post a Comment