Saturday, December 17, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 5:8, 13, 22-23

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 5:8, 13, 22-23
"And the tale of bricks, which they did make heretofore, ye shall lay upon them; ye shall not diminish ought thereof: for they be idle; therefore they cry, saying, Let us go and sacrifice to our God.
And the taskmasters hasted them, saying, Fulfil your works, your daily tasks, as when there was straw.
And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said, Lord, wherefore hast thou so evil entreated this people? why is it that thou hast sent me?
For since I came to Pharaoh to speak in thy name, he hath done evil to this people; neither has thou delivered thy people at all."

I sat and pondered on Moses question to the Lord. I could hear distinctly the words "To prepare my people to meet me." I sat and pondered how time is hastening. Satan is doing everything is his power to stop us from worshiping our God. How difficult it is to find the time to do the things the Lord has asked of me. I am just like the children of Israel trying to make bricks without straw and deliver nothing less. God will try and test his people before they are prepared to meet him. This period softens the heart to the point that it can change, and be born again. Some will curse God and die a spiritual death. Instead if I turn to Him with a broken heart I will be healed. He will make my burdens light. I will be found worthy to stand before my King. 


Day 630

No comments:

Post a Comment