Thursday, December 15, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 3:5

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 3:5
"And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground."

I want to stand in holy places. The holiest of place for me is the House of the Lord, His Holy Temples. Every time I am there I am reminded of this verse. I love the action and the symbolism. I am told "stand ye in holy places, and be not moved". I sat and pondered on this and realized, every place I stand could be holy, if I remove the dust of the world from me. Dust is so small you cannot see it. It's only when there is a lot of it together can you notice it on a person or a thing. I thought on how becoming clean and free from dust would take constant effort. It's like my furniture. I can dust and the very next morning see dust once again. Removing dust and the things of the world is an effort that can never stop. It takes constant action like prayer, studying the scriptures, taking the sacrament, repenting, and striving to keep the commandments. Dust can be so tiny that the natural eye cannot see it. It would take spiritual eyes to see it and remove it. I need spiritual eyes.


Day 628


No comments:

Post a Comment