Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 45:5, 7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 45:5, 7-8
"Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.
And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.
So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt."

I love this chapter. I just weep as Joseph and his brother weep together at their reunion. I love how Joseph acknowledges the hand of God in all that happened in his life. That there is purpose and meaning to everything we pass through. I reflected on my own life, how much I have gained from so much that I have lost. I would not change a thing. God has compensated in ways I never dreamed. I see Joseph would not change a thing. What has happened is so much greater than himself.  


Day 620

No comments:

Post a Comment