Monday, March 7, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 8:26

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 8:26
"Yea, even at this time ye are ripening, because of your murders and your fornication and wickedness, for everlasting destruction; yea, and except ye repent it will come unto you soon."

I have been pondering over something about the Gadianton robbers. I knew it started among the wicked and then those once righteous supported them in the government. I could see redistribution of wealth fitting robbery and plunder, but I kept asking myself how did those once righteous people begin to support murder? Sometimes they are called secret murders. How did that fit my day?
Last night while I was just relaxing in my chair, with a mind that was total free and clear, the answer came. It was just one word spoken to my mind, but I knew it belonged to my pondering. That word was Abortion. It was the legalization of abortion that plagued the Nephite nation, just like it does us today. This verse today testifies of that answer again to me. The leading cause of abortion is due to fornication, the sins go hand in hand. The support of murdering innocent babies has brought the same curse upon our land. This legalization of murder, sanctioned by our government, has been going on for 43 years and needs to stop. Yes, we are ripe for destruction unless we repent.


No comments:

Post a Comment