Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 14:21-23

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 14:21-23
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name, and in thy name have cast out devils, and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

I sat and pondered on how doing good works in the name of Christ can make the Lord profess he never knew me. The key is who's will did I do it under, my own or the will of the Father? Wouldn't it be blasphemy to do a work in God's name when it was my will all along. I think an element of pride would be happening too. That must be why the Lord is saying they work iniquity. So the only way I think I could tell the difference is by the heart of the man. Which of course the only heart I would know is my own. To know the will of the Father I need a prayerful heart. I need to live in a manner that the spirit can be always with me. Then I would know by that still small voice the work that is the Father's will.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment