Saturday, March 26, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 11:7-10

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 11:7-10
"Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name - hear ye him.
And it came to pass, as they understood they cast their eyes up again towards heaven; and behold, they saw a Man descending out of heaven; and he was clothed in a white robe; and he came down and stood in the midst of them; and the eyes of the whole multitude were turned upon him, and they durst not open their mouths, even one to another, and wist not what it meant, for they thought it was an angel that had appeared unto them.
And it came to pass that he stretched forth his hand and spake unto the people saying:
Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world."

There are 41 verses in this chapter and all 41 one are a treasure to my heart. I weep as I read for they are the words of my Savior, Jesus Christ. It is impossible for me to pick just one. All could be an individual sermon of why I love those words. I know my Savior died for me, and rose on the third day, and after his ascension into heaven he appeared to the inhabitants of this the American continent.

The Father bore witness of His Beloved Son. Then the people came one by one and thrust their hands into his side, and felt the prints of the nails in his hands and feet. After doing so they shouted Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did worship him. How blessed where they to witness this and have no doubt but believe that this was the promised Messiah, the resurrected Christ. I believe this with all my heart, and do not have to be like Thomas and have to see Him with my own eyes. Its the spirit that bears witness of him. I do believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment