Thursday, March 31, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 16:1-3

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 16:1-3
"And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.
For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them.
But I have received a commandment of the Father that I shall go unto them, and that they shall hear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there may be one fold and one shepherd; therefore I go to show myself unto them."

I know that after Christ's ministry to those in Jerusalem, and setting up his church there, that he came to the America's to speak to his children in this promise land. I know he also visited other sheep, other nations or peoples. We just don't have their records yet. 

Sunday, my home teachers came over and my husband and one of them talked about their differing opinions on where Lehi came and settled. He felt it was Mesoamerica, my husband felt it was within the regions of the United States. I side with the opinion it was in the United States because this truly is  a promised land, and where the actual golden plates were found. As I think about this verse and their discussion in my home I realize we are both right. These two civilizations both had Christ appear to them after his resurrection. He came to both, and not just them but other nations, lands and people. I'm sure some have dwindled in unbelief just like the Lamanites did. Someday we will have all their records, when we are ready to receive them. God truly does love all his children.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment