Friday, March 18, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 3:11-13

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 3:11-13
"And I write this epistle unto you, Lachoneus, and I hope that ye will deliver up your lands and your possessions, without the shedding of blood, that this my people may recover their rights and government, who have dissented away from you because of your wickedness in retaining from them their rights of government, and except ye do this, I will avenge their wrongs. I am Giddianhi.
And now it came to pass when Lachoneus received this epistle he was exceedingly astonished, because of the boldness of Giddianhi demanding the possession of the land of the Nephites, and also of threatening the people and avenging the wrongs of those that had received no wrong, save it were they had wronged themselves by dissenting away unto those wicked and abominable robbers.
Now behold, this Lachoneus, the governor, was a just man, and could not be frightened by the demands and the threatenings of a robber; therefore he did not hearken to the epistle of Giddianhi, the governor of the robbers, but he did cause that his people should cry unto the Lord for strength against the time that the robbers should come down against them."

It is now 16th years after the sign of the birth of the Savior. Giddianhi is the leader and governor of the band of the Gadianton robbers. He writes an epistle to Lachoneus a righteous governor of the land, and threatens him, if he doesn't unite with them and their secret works. It was not hard as I read this to see my day, the very things running on the news. The behaviors and tactics being displayed in various people.

Yet, its not exact, and this has impressed upon my mind why these stories in the Book of Mormon were selected for my day. I don't think its because we will have the exact experiences come upon us. The cycle of cause and effect do repeat. But, the message is the motives and tactics that worshipers of Satan will use against God fearing people. This is what you watch out for, in order to be spiritually and physically protected

Right now I'm being instructed, that there are stories behind these stories. It will teach how to know the heart of a man, and not to be deceived. Though things might go completely wrong around me, crying to the Lord for deliverance is really what I need. The love for my Savior brings peace and comfort into the heart, though troubles and fears may surround me.

1 comment:

  1. Crying to the Lord for deliverance is something I do daily!

    ReplyDelete