Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 10:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 10:4-5
"Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyiness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyiness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works, yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."

This chapter is where Nephi, who is a prophet, is given the sealing power from God. Which by the descriptions sound like he had control of the elements. These verses tell why he was so blessed. He had only sought to do the Lord's will, and to keep the commandments. He was unweary in doing this. I would think to be unwearying would mean he never stopped.

I had to look up what unwearyingness meant. The characteristics are dedication, dependability, priesthood, magnifying calling within, steadfastness. I actually like the sounds of that better. Just saying he was unwearying makes me think he did it even if he was tired of it. Instead now I picture a very strong man that could not be deviated off the course God wanted. 

The Lord could absolutely trust Nephi because he had proven his faithfulness. Now he was given such a miraculous power. Such a power in the hands of a any man that sought control over others would be dangerous. Because Nephi had always sought to do God's will, I'm sure he knew God's character perfectly. That character would be part of Nephi now. That is why God could trust him to not act contrary to his will. Nephi had to be an amazing man. Oh, how I would long to be considered unwearying in doing the Lord's will and be more like Nephi. 


No comments:

Post a Comment