Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 16:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 16:2
"But as many as there were who did not believe in the words of Samuel were angry with him; and they cast stones at him upon the wall, and also many shot arrows at him as he stood upon the wall; but the Spirit of the Lord was with him, insomuch that they could not hit him with their stones neither with the arrows."

There is so much in this verse that I could liken to my day. The part that really touched me was how the stones and arrows cast at Samuel, the Lamanite could not hit him. He was being protected because the Spirit of the Lord was with him. I know that is a message for my day as peace is being taken from the earth. 

As I sat here pondering I knew I didn't need to fear the direction angry people may take against me. I'm protected if I seek first the spirit of the Lord. The key is to have the spirit with me always. I wonder, is that why there is a renewed emphasis on keeping the Sabbath day holy? Until now I had been thinking of the spiritual blessings it brings into my life. Now I see there is actual physical protection that comes with having the spirit of the Lord. Having the spirit of the Lord with you always, really is the most needful thing for God's saints today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment