Thursday, May 7, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Romans 5:3

Today's favorite verse: Romans 5:3
"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;"

I pondered on so many things with this chapter. Long ago as a young mother I prayed for patience and received so many tribulations. As I spoke with an older, wiser, and more experienced friend, I was told never to pray for patience. This is one prayer God will answer for us right away. The only way you learn patience is through hard times. So I made sure to never pray for patience again. That didn't mean tribulations stopped for me, but they didn't come as hard and fast as before.

In this verse and the ones that follow, we learn that after tribulations, comes patience, with that experience, from experience comes hope, from hope the Holy Ghost bears witness of the love of God and remains in our hearts.

I can honest say looking back through the years that the tribulations I have gone through, and the lessons I have learned from them, have been some of the greatest blessings I have ever had. I have come to know God and I wouldn't change a thing. I understand now why we glory in our tribulations.



No comments:

Post a Comment