Monday, May 18, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 16:17-18

Today's favorite verse: Romans 16:17-18
"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple."

To mark means to watch and beware of. Even inside of Christ's church there were those that had their own agenda. That wanted to change the doctrine to their own philosophies and gave great speeches that deceived.


I have seen that very thing in my day. What sadness it brings me. They know not who inspires them. I pondered on how I need to be ever careful. How wise it is to know what the prophets have said on certain matters. There is great danger when you think you are wiser than a prophet or the counsel of the Lord. I need to treasure the prophets teachings so I am not deceived. What would be even worse is to be the one that deceives others. I pray I never do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment