Thursday, May 21, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 3:2

Today's favorite verse: 1 Corinthians 3:2
"I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are you able."

This quote reminded me years ago of a man who complained to me at church, that he was so tired of being feed milk and never the meat in Sunday School. He wanted to go deep into the mysteries. That comment made me really sad. 

I have learned over the years that the scriptures and gospel principles are in layers. What one person reads and thinks has no meat and is of no importance, just doesn't realize what lay beneath it. You can find meat below the milk if you just search for it. When you are ready it will finally be revealed to you. Nobody says you can't go home from church and study that lesson a little deeper if your soul wasn't satisfied. In fact I think that's what your suppose to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment