Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 11:11

Today's favorite verse: Romans 11:11
I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy."

In this chapter Paul is talking about Israel how its people are chosen and are of the natural branches. The Gentiles are the wild branches that are grafted in through adoption. This verse made me ponder on what the Jews rejecting Christ meant for me. How if that had not happened they would have never crucified our Savior. There would be no atonement. Their rejection helped the gospel to go to the gentiles. It helped it come to me. It seems odd to say I am grateful, but I am.  I wondered on the Jews long ago and the Jews today. They may have the same traditions of their fathers but would it have been a different story if Jesus Christ was walking among them today? Would they see him as the Messiah?


No comments:

Post a Comment