Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Romans 4:2-3

Today's favorite verse: Romans 4:2-3
"For it Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
For what saith the scriptures? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness."


I pondered a while on this chapter. It speaks of being justified by faith, righteous works, and grace. This whole discussion made me think why would someone even want to do just parts of this and not the whole thing? Why would I want to do works and not have faith while I'm doing them? Why have faith but not work? Then I thought of times in my life when I did those things separately. My motivation was not right. I see the benefit of pondering the scriptures, and reviewing your life as you do so. The scriptures are our compass and guide to make sure we don't go off course.

No comments:

Post a Comment