Saturday, May 30, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 12:27

Today's favorite verse: 1 Corinthians 12:27
"Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular."

In this chapter I always looked at the all the wonderful spiritual gifts a person can possess. But, I noticed something different this time. Paul talks about our bodies and how there is a need to have all our members or parts. The foot can't say because it's not a hand that it doesn't belong to the body. Because your ear is not your eye doesn't mean it doesn't belong to the body. Otherwise how could you hear?

Paul then goes on to speak about the various callings in the Church. How there is a need for apostles, prophets, teachers, etc. Just because one is not the other doesn't mean it doesn't belong. It takes all parts or all members to make a whole body.

I pondered on how unique all of us are. What important roles we all play. How diverse our talents, gifts and abilities are that we bring to the table. If we did not have this diversity we would not become all we could be. What is my role? Have I played it well? Have I complained at times God made me a foot when I wanted to be an ear? I need to take another look at what I am and how it was meant to be used. I'm not any lessor because I am different. Neither is my brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment