Sunday, May 24, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Today's favorite verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

Whenever I read these verses I always feel really bad that I'm fat. I don't have a pretty body. So I sat and pondered on that. I even got to the point that I giggled, some temples are small and some are really big. I'm just a really big temple. Then I asked myself if I met the Lord what would he be looking at? Surely its not my size, its my heart. Did I treat my body in a manner that the Holy Ghost could dwell there? I know the answer is yes. 

Then I thought of Al Fox Carraway the "Tattooed Mormon" and my eyes were opened. We may have damaged our bodies, but what really matters is if we would continue to do so today. The Lord loves us for who we are today and not for how we behaved in our past. Some choices have consequences we carry for a lifetime. None of us are denied if we come to Christ. If we cleanse the inner vessel and allow the Holy Ghost to reside there we are accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment