Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 9:23

Today's favorite verse: 1 Corinthians 9:23
"And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you."

Paul speaks about why he serves, why he is sharing the gospel with others. This verse made me ponder on a change I've seen in myself, but I'm not sure if I can word it right. I used to do good things in the hope that one day the Lord seeing me in a crowd would say "Come, you are the faithful one." I wanted to stand out to him, be better than all those around me. Now I see that to worship him I need to bring all those others around me with me. I want to sing praises to the Lord with a innumerable choir of angels. The more that bow down and worship Him will give the most honor to Him. This is how I honor what He has done for me and serve Him. This earth journey was never meant for just me to make it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment