Saturday, May 2, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 28:27

Today's favorite verse: Acts 28:27
"For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."

This verse made me ponder on a sadness I have had of late. I am so tired of the news. I watch TV reporters interviewing people and the respondents doesn't seem to listen to the question at all. They talk in a manner to deflect and respond to their own agenda. I have often sat and wondered, doesn't that person know we know they are lying? Would they just answer the question and tell the truth! Now with this scripture I see where that motivation lies. When the heart is "waxed gross" or full of sin, their eyes and ears are covered in darkness. They think they are clever and can deceive. But, if you have the spirit you will see past that deception. Having the spirit, being converted to Christ, makes one able to understand social, educational, political and philosophical doctrines. You will have spiritual discernment to know what is right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment