Thursday, May 14, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Romans 12:2, 21

Today's favorite verse: Romans 12:2, 21
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

Whenever someone asks me to provide a scripture quote I panic. Not that I don't know any but I simply can't pick one. My mind just draws a complete blank from being overwhelmed. My favorites are simply the ones I read that day that mean something to me. Now I see that Romans 12 has tons of those scripture verses that are perfect to share. Examples of the profound wisdom you get from the scriptures that does not come naturally to the world.

The nature man would return evil for evil. But, when you hear the council of the Lord to return evil with good you know it is a higher law. How many times have I seen examples of the kindness of another turn away the wrath of their enemies. I know when I have turned evil for evil my heart is darkened and nothing comes of it. The issue or matter is never really settled. But, when I do good to those that oppress me, and lash out at me I see how they are suffering. My heart is filled with compassion towards them. The experience is a blessing in my life instead of a cursing. Sometimes my enemy changes, sometimes they don't. But, my ability to endure them and gain something from that experience never fails me.


No comments:

Post a Comment