Thursday, May 28, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 10:23

Today's favorite verse: 1 Corinthians 10:23
"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not."

This chapter had some really good verses to quote. I finally picked this one because it seems to be talking about something I am dealing with right now. I think I'm getting better at telling which things are lawful for me to do. I think I am picking up on when things are expedient. I have seen miracles in my life where its important to do specific things by a deadline, that are expedient. When I turn to the Lord he guides me in the proper order to do things and they are done in an amazing amount of time. 

Sometimes things are not expedient, and time is just mine own. What am I filling up my time with? Are my activities the best choices for my time? Just because its lawful doesn't mean I should do it? Is what I'm doing appearing to be good on the outside but of no value to me or others on the inside? Does it edify?

Making sure things edify is a new standard for me. Otherwise I am just wasting my time. Time on this earth is so precious and I need to make the most of it. I think I will be a much better servant to the Lord if I seek those things that edify. To edify my soul will keep me closer to the spirit, in turn I can help edify others. If the Lord will help me get expedient things done, and his miracles are revealed, then what lies in store for me if I pray for help in doing that which edifies? This will be an exciting new adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment