Friday, May 29, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 11:24, 28

Today's favorite verse: 1 Corinthians 11:24, 28
"And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup."

The sacrament has become a sacred special time to me as I remember my Savior and examine my life before him.  It wasn't always so. My mind would wander over my to-do lists, and random things. Then I read an article that left an impression on me. It made me realize that out of the whole week I was just asked to sit and only think of my relationship with the Savior for 10 minutes and how I wasn't even doing that. On the outside I may look like I'm doing that, but inside I wasn't. I have changed my ways and it is a beautiful time. 

Sometimes I can spend the whole time just thinking of all the beautiful words the Savior has been described in the scriptures. I will picture myself at his feet and calling him all those things. I understand how you could bath his feet with your tears. There is a special warmth that surrounds you and I could stay forever there. I have to catch myself so I don't weep out loud, so I will need to change my thoughts. I will report on my week. Look for ways that I served him and how good that felt, and look at where I need to grow. I will ask forgiveness for the mistakes I have made. I take the time to become clean. It is the best part of the week for me. Sacrament is as sacred as the temple to me. It's truly a time to worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment