Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: John 21:3

Today's Favorite Verse: John 21:3
"Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing."

I pondered on how after all Jesus had taught them, after he was risen from the dead the apostles went fishing. In reality they were called as fishers of men. They didn't understand their mission but the symbolism of what they were drawn to, "fishing" was preparation for what would come next. How many times do I do things and not realize it was preparation for what would come next? After Jesus stood on the shore and called them, he directed them where to cast their nets. He calls again "come and dine" and feeds them. Now he is ready to ask Simon Peter, "lovest thou me?" Three times he asks and three times he instructs to "feed my sheep".  Truly loving the Lord comes first before feeding his sheep. His invitation "follow thou me" is for all. When I don't follow His voice then all that I do is for nothing.


Day 1591

No comments:

Post a Comment