Monday, August 26, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 19:11-12

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 19:11-12
"And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them."

The footnote for miracles has priesthood power. In Luke 8 I read how the women with the issue of blood was healed by touching the border of Jesus' garment. In Act 5 I read how sick in the streets were healed when the shadow of Peter passed by them. It reminded me of the story record by Wilford Woodruff in his journal of the prophet Joseph Smith giving him a red silk handkerchief to go in his place to heal 3 month old twins.

"A man came to [Joseph] and asked him if he would go about three miles and heal two of his small children, who were twins, about three months old, and were sick nigh unto death. He was a man of the world, he had never heard a sermon preached by a Latter-day Saint. Joseph said he could not go, but he would send a man. After hesitating a moment, he turned to me and said, “You go with this man and heal his children,” at the same time giving me a red silk handkerchief, and said, “After you lay hands upon them, wipe their faces with it, and they shall be healed; and as long as you will keep that handkerchief, it shall ever remain as a league between you and me.” I went and did as I was commanded, and the children were healed."


Day 1610

No comments:

Post a Comment