Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 20:22

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 20:22
"And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:"

This reminded me of what Nephi said when he went alone to get the brass plates from Laban.

"And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."
(1 Nephi 4:6)

I pondered on how it takes faith to act in such a manner. How important it is for the Lord's disciples to have these opportunities of growth. I was thinking this morning at the temple on how may attributes, like endurance, patience, and long-suffering I have so feared and now I see them is a different light. I had a wonderful time there reading about long-suffering and the wonderful promises that come with it. Wish I had had a way to record my thoughts while I was there. These things are all opportunities for sanctifying and perfecting the soul. Blessings instead of any type of punishment. I think that when this life is said and done I will look at so many things as wonderful blessings in my life and not the horrible things I thought them to be. Just thinking about Paul and Nephi and how hard the things they endured but what a blessing it was in the end.




Day 1611

No comments:

Post a Comment