Saturday, August 24, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 17:2-3, 11

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 17:2-3, 11
"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures.
Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

I pondered on the importance of reading and searching the scriptures. It is how we also come to know Jesus is the Christ. It reminded me of a quote by an apostle, Elder Richard G. Scott.

"If you want to talk to God, pray. If you want him to talk to you, read your scriptures."

What a blessing reading the scriptures have been to my life.  It has been said, "Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast."  For me I have found it is the scriptures. I can be upset and troubled, even angry over something. If I sit and read the scriptures, all is put into its proper place and my heart is right again.



Day 1608

No comments:

Post a Comment