Monday, August 5, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: John 19:24

Today's Favorite Verse: John 19:24
"They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scriptures might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my rainment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did."

I pondered on how the soldiers were busy casting lots for the garments of Jesus oblivious to what was happening around them. The focus was so much on things of this world then things of eternity. Even with these acts, which didn't require much thought, they were fulfilling prophesy. How many times I wonder have I seen prophesy around me and not realized it? How many times have small actions on my part guided my course into something larger? I never know when or how my actions affect another. I can't go back and change things because the path I am going, no matter how small, is the path I needed to take. There is peace in knowing that. Otherwise, you are just wracked in torment trying to force the tide of yesterday that is impossible to change.

I thought about the centurion that watched Jesus being crucified and when the tempest and earthquake happened he said "Truly this was the Son of God"? Saul who persecuted the saints and held the coats of those that stoned Stephen, later on the road to Damascus truly learned who Jesus was. How it must feel to miss what is truly going on around you and then have your spiritual eyes opened up. I guess the key is for me to keep my eye on eternity and not on the world as I walk in faith. When I stumble through Christ I can repent and change direction.



Day 1589

No comments:

Post a Comment