Thursday, August 29, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 22:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 22:7
"And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?"

I was struck this time with these words. Paul is recounting his story about persecuting the saints and apostles. Keeping the coats of those that stoned Stephen. I'm not sure when Paul appeared on the scene, but it seems to be after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. If he had persecuted Jesus Christ while in the flesh then I would have thought that would be part of his story. Then this scripture verse came to me.

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
(Matthew 25:40)

I thought upon how powerful a thing it is to take upon us the name of Jesus Christ. For even to be persecuted for his name sake he takes it so personally as if they persecuted Him. That is an incredibly humbling thought.



Day 1613

No comments:

Post a Comment