Saturday, August 17, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 10:15, 28, 34, 44

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 10:15, 28, 34, 44
"And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word."

How interesting, I read this after I just had a conversation with someone that had no idea how prejudice they really were. Lumping people in categories and groups based on race, culture, and income. I explained how the Nephites & Lamanites lived as one after Christ visit to them. It was only later when they broke down into tribes that one civilization annihilated another. I then related how Zion needs to be prepared for the second coming by being pure in heart, united and one. If we are not, we are not part of it. In the millennium we will all be one. We can have our cultures and nationalities but what unites is our love and belief in God.

I could have related this story of Cornelius and Peter, and the gospel going to the Gentiles. Can you imagine if the gospel never went to the Gentiles? That only one race and people had the word of God? How grateful I am for the story of Cornelius. God is no respecter of persons and neither should I be. If he was, I wouldn't know my Savior. His gospel is for all, the invitation "Come, follow me" is for everyone. I have learned a lot about worshipping God from being with those that gave everything to know Him. The sweetest blessing I ever had was being sent to a ward with Spanish and Cambodian refugees, converts to the church. We were there to teach them and they taught me. Their faith humbled me.


Day 1601

No comments:

Post a Comment