Thursday, August 31, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 21:29

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 21:29
"Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son's days will I bring the evil upon his house."

After Elijah brings the word of the Lord's displeasure with Ahab to him, and the penalty he will face, Ahab is repentant. He rents his clothes, puts on sackcloth and fasted and went about softly, meaning dejectedly.  He wasn't doing this for show he was in mourning for what he had done, and what he was to face. For that he is forgiven. This is a lesson in what is required to turn God's judgment. A humble heart and repentance. Now if he can only stay that way. I pondered on why evil would still come in Ahab's son's days. I think Ahab's son was learning evil from his father and mother and this was the course he was on. In a way this reminds me of Alma and Alma the younger. The father may have repented but the son had been raised seeing his father's wickedness. Just because the father's heart changed doesn't mean the child will necessarily follow after them on the new path.


Day 887

No comments:

Post a Comment