Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 13:16-19

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 13:16-19
"And he said, I may not return with thee, nor go in with thee: neither shall I eat bread nor drink water with thee in this place:
For it was said to me by the word of the Lord, Thou shalt eat no bread nor drink water there, nor turn again to go by the way that thou camest.
He said unto him, I am a prophet also as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by the word of the Lord, saying, Bring him back with thee into thine house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him.
So he went with him and did eat bread in his house and drank water.

I sat and wept for this "man of God out of Judah". He delivered his message to Jeroboam and was faithful in seeking and following the word of the Lord while with him. Then he is deceived by an "old prophet in Beth-el" and follows his invitation to go back to his house. This was against what the Lord had warned him of, and later he is killed. Would I not want to listen also to a prophet? Obviously this was no longer a prophet of God that he meet. How would I know the difference?

I decided that if I am on an errand of the Lord, and the path is told me different by anyone else I should inquire of the Lord who's errand I am on first. I should not take the word of another just because of their position. If they are of the Lord I would get the same answer. In fact I have been encouraged by my prophet to pray for confirmation and receive my own testimony of things. This story teaches the importance of what I have been taught.

Sadly, this has made me think of recent events for me. A family I love and have admired is now on a strange path, following false gods and teaching priestcrafts and occult practices. I have given my single warning and must leave them to themselves. What troubles my soul are those that will follow them, just because of what they used to be. I know the very elect are being deceived. How grateful I am for the scriptures and living prophets and apostles on the earth. I will not be deceived if I keep from strange paths, and do not drink their water. God has named all his laws and if I do not find them in the scriptures then they are not his. The way is very straight and clear ahead.


Day 879

No comments:

Post a Comment