Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 19:11-12

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 19:11-12
"And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice."

I know there are signs of the Lord's second coming. I know we are to watch for them but I am troubled at times at how much people divine to understand signs. I fear they are wresting the scriptures. I have pondered over this especially with the recent solar eclipse and followed shortly after by a major hurricane and flooding. Yesterday as I was pondering on this the impression came to me these types of events are all a witness of God's power. Some of them may wake people up to our great situation. Of themselves they do not prepare me for the Lord's second coming.

What I have to remember is he's not in the wind, rain, the stars, fire or the earthquake. It is his spirit I need to hear the whisperings of. He can speak to me in the still small voice and tell me all that I should do. It is listening and obeying his voice that will save me in the end, something a sign will never do.


Day 885

No comments:

Post a Comment