Friday, August 4, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 18:5, 33

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 18:5, 33
"And the king commanded Joab and Abishai and Ittai, saying, Deal gently for my sake with the young man, even with Absalom. And all the people heard when the king gave all the captains charge concerning Absalom.
And the king was much moved, and went up to the chamber over the gate, and wept: and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!"

It is rather heart breaking that even though David's son Absalom would have killed his father to have the kingdom, David never sought revenge. He truly loved and mourned his son. I know similar grief as a parent. The mourning isn't so much what they were are the time, it's what they had the potential to become. I think would have been, are the most heartbreaking things to bare. Does not my Heavenly Father know this pain even greater than I? It is a pain only the Lord can carry for me.


Day 860

No comments:

Post a Comment