Saturday, August 19, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 9:8-9

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 9:8-9
"And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the Lord done thus unto this land, and to this house?
And they shall answer, Because they forsook the Lord their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have  taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath the Lord brought upon them all this evil."

I could not help but think of the pilgrims coming to America for religious liberty. For generations America has served the God of this land. Now as its people grow in darkness the God that they serve is themselves. It is Lucifer that teaches man such a thing. So they grow without any consideration or feeling for others, and war among themselves. I feel so incredibly distant from it all. I am so grateful to my Lord for his protection and the peace that surrounds me. I know even if destruction comes there is a purpose if only to open the eyes of those that are headed into forbidden paths. I feel it is a time to wait upon the Lord until I am needed.


Day 875

No comments:

Post a Comment