Thursday, August 17, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 7:25

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 7:25
"It stood upon twelve oxen, three looking toward the north, and three looking toward the west, and three looking toward the south, and three looking toward the east: and the sea was set above upon them, and all their hinder parts were inward."

This chapter describes in more detail the appearance of the temple and what was contained inside it. I sat wishing I could see what it looked it. When it  mentioned lilies I thought of the lilies I have see in the temple decor in various temples. When I got to the twelve oxen with the sea set upon them I knew this as our baptismal fonts of today. This is something I have seen. I had to sit and look at photos of the various temple's baptismal fount. I photo of the Salt Lake Temple baptismal font made me think of the one Solomon built. I did see the font in brass in some and then it's covered white with gold leafing. I like what seemed to be the current version. I will have to actually go take a look at the font the next time I am at the Salt Lake Temple.




Day 873

No comments:

Post a Comment