Monday, August 28, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 18:21

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 18:21
"And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word."

This made me think of Matthew 6:24
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

One thing I noticed is "the people answered him not a word". I pondered on why that would be? They didn't want to make a commitment. That would mean they are basically sitting on the fence. There is no safety in that action. For you have basically told God no.  You are still doing your will and not his. They were waiting for the master to make the reward good enough, then they might commit. I remember being that way, there is no peace in that behavior. All spiritual growth is stopped. You just stay sitting on the fence unable to move. I had to get knocked around pretty bad before I decided that fence just wasn't a comfortable place to sit.


Day 884

No comments:

Post a Comment