Sunday, August 27, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 17:13-15

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 17:13-15
"And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
For thus saith the Lord God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth.
And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days."

I love this story. I do believe that such things can happen, and did happen. It reminds me of a great promise given me in my patriarchal blessing. "May your basket always be full. As you remember those less fortunate, and share of your temporal substance, you will be source of temporal strength and of service to the Lord; and you will always have sufficient for your needs and the needs of your family."

This is near to the promise given to the widow of Zarphath. I ponder on her often, and even did so yesterday as I put some food I had dehydrated into canning jars. I do not know what is ahead of me, but I am putting by what the Lord blesses me with for a time of need. This is something the church and prophets have counseled me to do. I have not always been faithful in doing this, but I feel a desire to be obedient now. I am trying to prepare every needful thing, going as basic and modestly as I can. My diet now is based on my food storage. I eat what I store and store what I eat. I see great wisdom and economy in this plan.  I do not plan on having guns to protect my food when hard times come. I will share with those in need, because I believe in my promise, that my basket will always be full if I am of service to the Lord. If I follow the words of the prophet, and have done all that I can do, I know miracles will come.




Day 883

No comments:

Post a Comment