Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 5:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 5:4-5
"But now that Lord my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent.
And, behold, I purpose to build an house unto the name of the Lord my God, as the Lord spake unto David my father, saying, Thy son, whom I will set upon thy throne in thy room, he shall build an house unto my name."

I was thinking how blessed Solomon was to have had peace on every side of him. Then I realized that part of that purpose was in order to build a house of the Lord. I sat and pondered on the temple building today. How many temples have gone up in relative peace. I wonder if we will continue to build temples if unrest increases?  Now is the time for building temples, because when unrest comes the saints will need them more than ever. The temple is truly a place of rest for me. There is comfort and peace.


Day 871

No comments:

Post a Comment