Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 23:15-16

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 23:15-16
"And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Beth-lehem, which is by the gate!
And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Beth-lehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the Lord."

In battle these three mighty men risked their lives and went without command to Bethlehem to bring back its waters to David. Then he doesn't drink it, but pours it out. What a waste I thought. Was that not like a slap in the face for the service they offered? I just had to sit and ponder of what just happened. Then I saw that David was so moved by their bravery that the highest honor that water could be given was to the Lord. If I was one of those men I should be honored to have that water poured out to the Lord. Sitting and pondering on this made me realize I don't always see the gift, or the act of receiving a gift, with its true intent.


Day 865

No comments:

Post a Comment